Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Day Trip to Saida, Lebanon

I think this might have been my 5th time in Saida. It is an easy trip to take friends who are visiting, I guess that is why I keep going. This time I went with Kris (my Guate friend who was visiting from England, Ramona, Marissa, Lindsey, and Kim. This time we took a mini-bus; it only cost us LL2,000 (about $1.50).
When we left Beirut the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight so of course we didn't bring any rain gear. When we arrived in Saida it started to drizzle. A few of us purchased umbrellas. They were wonderful, Mary Poppinish umbrellas that not only kept us dry but were a good source of entertainment.

Beirut Souks


Hanging out on top of the Citadel - a mixture of Roman and Crusader ruins
Oh, Lebanon you clean up after yourselves so well...











No comments:

Post a Comment